PBC Fall Ball
Fall Ball Updates
October 5th, 2017
12U Frasier has a game time change. The game this Sunday the 8th will be at 1:15pm. Please be there at 12:45pm. This change was requested by the league.
October 1st, 2017
As of 7:45am, the 16-18 game at Gabriel Park is cancelled due to unsafe playing conditions. Both teams will have a hitting camp at 10am followed by hitting league style games at the facility. Plan on 10am-12pm.
As of 8:10am, the 13-15 games at Sckavone are cancelled. Home plate is a lake. The Hale & Bush teams should report to the facility at 12pm for a hitting camp and hitting league games from 12-2pm. The Dempsey & Cusick teams should report to the facility at 2pm and will be done by 4pm.
12U game is on because you are playing on turf. PBC vs PBC!
September 16th, 2017
13-15 Dempsey vs Cusick Time Change - Due to a 5k run at West Moreland Park, the city has asked us to move our start time back to noon. So the game between Dempsey & Cusick will now start at 12pm. Be there at 11am.
All other games are on as scheduled.
September 9th, 2017
13-15 Field Change - We received an updated field permit late Friday afternoon that is causing us to change our field location for this weekend. The games will now take place at Gabriel Park. The field has been added to the fields page.
16-18 Field Change - The city of Portland changed their permit on us and we will now play at Gabriel Park Upper Field instead of Walker Stadium. We are working with the City to get back on Walker for future weeks. The field has been added to the field page.
August 31st, 2017
Emails have been sent with team placement, the schedules are all updated, and we are ready to get started next week. Practices begin next week on Tuesday with games on Sunday! Weather looks fantastic. Let's have a great fall!
August 28th, 2017
Schedules have been posted for all age divisions. Please check the links to the left for your team schedule, field locations, and team workout times. We also have additional training opportunities this fall should you want more!
We are very excited to get the season started and grateful you chose to play with PBC.
This page will be your resource for daily updates, schedule changes, weather reports, and any information about fall ball. You should check this page daily throughout the fall as this will be the ONLY method of communication during the season. We will also update our Twitter page throughout the fall with updates, highlights, and more.
It is important that all players attend the games each Sunday. We keep our roster sizes small to ensure everyone gets a lot of playing time. If multiple players miss a game we will be short players. If you have a conflict, please communicate that early so we can plan ahead for that day.
Here are some details and answers to frequently asked questions:
• Players should wear white pants. Piping of any color is fine. Long pants or short pants is fine. We also ask players to wear black sleeves if they wear long sleeves.
• PBC stirrups will be available for purchase during the first week of practice. The cost for stirrups only is $5 and stirrups and sanitary sock is $10.
• Players will receive their hat and jersey at their first game on the 10th. Please arrive 60 minutes early for uniform handout and pregame warmup/practice. Numbers have been preassigned based upon shirt size requested. Players will always need to be at games 60 minutes early.
• Practices are optional and will not affect playing time in any way. We tried to accomodate practice schedule requests the best we could. If you cannot make your practice time, but can make another practice time with a similar age group, you can attend the other practice.
• Players in all leagues can swing wood or aluminum bats. It's up to each individual player. PBC recommends wood during the fall for 13-18 year olds as it's a better learning tool for hitters. The 12U division is required to swing 2 1/4" barrel bats as mandated by the West Linn Fall League.
• Catchers need to provide their own catcher's gear.
• We got the rules for the 12U division. No new inning after 2:15 and drop dead at 2:30. There is a 5 run per inning limit and we will bat the lineup. They are using the Little League/Cal Ripken bat rule so no barrels can be larger than 2 1/4 inches. So no big barrels. Also, NO sunflower seeds for parents or players. They are impossible to clean off the turf.
• The schedule has the possibility of changing. Any changes will be communicated through this news page. Any rainouts or delays will be communicated here and on our Twitter page. We encourage you to follow our Twitter account for real time updates. Follow PBC
• The focus of the PBC fall league is player development. Players will have the opportunity to play new positions, learn new pitches, and new skills. We will allow the players to play without micromanaging the games. Almost everyone will be green lighted to steal bases, we will not force hitters to take pitches, pitchers will be asked to dominate the strike zone with catchers calling pitches, and much more. The best way to learn is to play.