PBC Indoor Hitting League
PBC Indoor Hitting League
Portland Baseball Club is offering their winter Indoor Hitting League. The league provides players a competitive batting practice opportunity to prepare players for the spring season.
The game schedule is here. Players should arrive 5 minutes early to receive their cage assignments, any updates, and be ready to start warmups at their designated start time. Please do not bring your gear bags. All you need is bat, batting gloves, and helmet if you prefer. We ask that parents do not stand along the side walls of the facility as that's the space for the hitters. Parents can watch from the two ends. Teams keep the score for themselves. This is a fun hitting competition. Can't wait to get started this Sunday.
The PBC hitting league is simple in nature. Players score points by hitting line drives to the back wall of the batting cage. Everything else is an out. It's fun, fast paced, and creates an environment of competition and pressure as each swing represents an out or a point. Pitching is underhand front toss which promotes lots of swings!
Each team will play back to back games each Sunday for 5 weeks followed by a single elimination tournament on the 6th week. Players should arrive 5 minutes early for warmups and be ready to go promptly at their start time.
• There are no age restrictions; therefore the league is open to everyone. Teams consist of 3-4 players. Substitute players are allowed, but no player should participate on more than one team. For bracket play teams are required to have a minimum of 3 players or they will take an out each inning. We will create divisions to create balanced competition.
• The game will last for 30 minutes or 9 innings. Teams are requested to arrive 5 minutes prior to their game time for warmups. If game ends before 30 minutes are up, the remaining time can be used for extra batting practice. Each team will play 10 pool play games over the first 5 weeks with a single elimination, bracketed tournament the 6th week. Standings and scores will be kept on our website.
• Each inning lasts 3 outs. Any ball that does not score a point is considered an out. Teams switch after 3 outs are recorded.
• Back Wall Line Drive - 1 Point
• Off the Top Square of Screen - 1 Point
• Combinations where the ball bounces off the screen & hits back wall - 2 points
• Portland Baseball Club coaches make final decisions while the two teams will rock paper scissors on any disagreements.
Cost: $125 per team or $50 per individual. Individuals will be placed on a team Games will take place on Sunday evenings between 5:00 and 9:00pm beginning January 21st.