14U PBC Team
Why Portland Baseball Club?
What is the PBC 14U Program
The PBC 14U team is a high school prep team for 8th graders. Players will be learning game situations, small ball defense, pick plays, pitch calling, offensive situations, and much more that will prepare them better for high school baseball. They will learn how to play at the next level by being required to think for themselves on the field during games. Practices will focus on teaching every possible scenario so players are better prepared than their competition.
Our teams will primarily play in tournaments while picking up mid week games against other like minded teams. We do not play in any local leagues which allows us to schedule games when we like, play at local fields, and we won't cancel games for no reason. No paying extra for a league fee. Our season schedule includes:
• 9-10 tournaments
• 1-2 trips to Seattle or Bend, everything else is local
• West Coast Premier, USSSA, GSL, Nations, JBO, and indepedent tournaments
• Mid week instructional games
• 2-3 practices per week indoors & outdoors
• Highly organized practices & pregame workouts to continue development throughout the season • Approximately 40 total games from late April to mid July
PBC is not just about playing in tournaments and winning trophies. Our teams have a full off season training program from November to April incorporating skill work, mental training, arm care, and strength training. Throughout the spring season the team will practice 2-3 days a week with at least one of those outdoors. Our off season program offer unparalleled opportunities:
• 5 days a week of group classes for hitting, pitching, infield, outfield, catching, and speed & agility
• Monthly private lesson
• Weekly arm care program with velocity improvement & recovery
• Bat speed development program
• Volt Athletics personalized weight training program
• Online classroom to teach the finer points of the game • Professional recruiting video with Field Level profile
PBC is an investment in your child's baseball future. We teach skills and game situations to prepare them for high school basebal and beyond. Players will swing -3 BBCOR bats during the season and wood bats throughout the winter to be ready for high school. To get started, set up a private tryout here.
Why no big group tryout? PBC coaches want to learn more about each player and family during the tryout process. In a big group setting, you are just a number and face. We will ask and answer questions getting to know you better to see if PBC is the right fit for both of us. We are both investing a year of our lives and development time so let's make sure it's the right fit. No surprises at PBC.
So how much is it to play? PBC charges a one time fee is $2,700. That includes everything listed above plus much more. Payment plans are encouraged. Add up the training alone and that's over a $3,000 value to non team players. You don't need to spend $5,000 to play on a club team and then add another $5,000 in travel costs. Spend your money on development at young ages and focus your travel budget during the recruiting years of 9th and 10th grade!